“When students are engaged and start to see the real life impact of a subject, they’re more enthusiastic about it – I noticed an increased motivation to learn following I’m a Scientist.”
Emily Tulloch, Science teacher
Benefits for your class
They stay connected
- Taking part in I’m a Scientist helps them stay in touch with learning, with teachers, and with their classmates.
They see science in the real world
They discover new careers they didn’t know existed
- Students connect with scientists from a diverse range of backgrounds, disciplines, and industries. They hear about related STEM careers and opportunities in higher education.
- They see scientists as role models, and start to see themselves in similar roles.
Benefits for teachers
It’s backed by research:
You’re in control:
- You get to see which students have logged in and what questions they’ve asked.
- You can download transcripts of live chat sessions.
It’s secure and safe:
- Only students who’ve been given access by their teacher can login to the Zone.
- No personal details are shared on the site, and student content is moderated.
Read our safeguarding statement ❯
Everything’s designed for easy, online access:
- Signing up is quick and easy
- Students can log in at any time to read scientists’ profiles and send questions in ASK.
- Students create their own username using a link you create. This will take them around 10 minutes; send it to them the day before your chat, or earlier.
- You book chats for times that suit you and your students.
- Watch the video guides to see what its like to take part.
It’s free for state maintained schools:
- Thanks to our funders, most schools don’t have to pay.
- Non-state-maintained schools may be asked to pay a fee to take part.
Find out more ❯
It takes 2 minutes to register