Connect your students with working scientists and other STEM professionals with I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here.
The Psychology Zone is funded by the British Psychological Society.
You get to:
- Answer students’ questions about you, your work, psychology, or any other topic.
- Chat with students in text-only moderated chats
It’s flexible and works around your schedule – you choose to take part at times that suit you over a 4-week activity.
The British Psychological Society supports I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here.
“As a society we support and enhance the development and application of psychology for the greater public good.
We strive to promote and advance the discipline, and are delighted to be inspiring school students about Psychology with I’m a Scientist.”
It’s all online and text-only (no audio or video). All you need is a web browser.
It only takes 2 minutes to apply.
We’ll let you know when we have a space for you in the Psychology Zone, or another of our activities running throughout the year.
All psychology-related professionals are welcome to apply.
- You could be working in the NHS, academia or the private sector
- You could be a technician, an apprentice, or in roles like comms or management
Take part to show students the psychology-related careers out there.
By taking part, you can:
- Inspire the next generation of psychologists and provide a realistic role model
- Help school students learn more about psychology, and who it’s for
- Improve your communication skills
- Gain experience of public engagement in an easy and enjoyable way
What scientists say:
“The questions asked were both fun and challenging, keeping me on my toes at all times and giving me a fresh perspective and enthusiasm for my own research”
“Love, love, loving taking part in @imascientist, so much fun, very engaging”
Find out more:
Questions? Email email@example.com