What’s on: Autumn 2021

We’ve got lots of interesting activities for students this autumn term.

Get stuck in with I’m a Scientist and I’m an Engineer!

Teachers: Register and get access to all available activities each month ❯
This includes I’m a Scientist, I’m an Engineer, as well as our other projects.

School students gain a better understanding of STEM careers, and see STEM as something ‘for them’, by connecting with scientists, engineers, researchers, and experts in their field. Find out more ❯

Everything happens online. It’s text-only (no audio or video), fully moderated, and flexible – take part at times that suit your timetable at any time during the activity.

All our activities are fully funded for UK state-maintained schools.

September 2021

I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here

General science Zone

Starting on 23 August and running throughout September, this general science-themed Zone (called the Hydrogen Zone) will feature scientists working on a broad range of topics, such as biology, medical research, chemistry, physics, and computing.

I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here

FUTURES Zone

Running from Friday 24 September to Friday 8 Oct 2021, students in the South West of England can connect with researchers from local universities, and find out about the exciting opportunities and innovations coming out of the South West. This Zone is funded by FUTURES2021.
Find out more ❯

October 2021

I'm an Engineer, Get me out of here

Space Zone

Connect your students with engineers working in the growing UK space sector. They can chat with engineers building rockets, designing satellites, and using space data to learn more about our planet. The Space Zone is funded by the UK Space Agency.

I'm an Engineer, Get me out of here

Invisible Internet Zone

We all use the internet every day, but how does it work, and who are the people keeping it running? In this activity funded by techUK and other internet infrastructure companies, students can meet the engineers responsible for building, improving, and maintaining the systems that keep us connected with the rest of the world.

I'm an Engineer, Get me out of here

Youth Engineering for Environmental Sustainability Summit (YEESS)

For sixth form students in the West of England Combined Authority. From 11 to 13 October, YEESS will get your sixth form students thinking about COP-26, by guiding them through a thought-provoking programme of events around sustainability and engineering, with working engineers. YEESS is funded by the Digital Engineering Technology & Innovation (DETI) programme at the University of the West of England.
Find out more ❯

November 2021

I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here

Genetics Zone

Students can discover what makes them who they are, and learn how our genetic code relates to our risk of getting ill. The Genetics Zone is funded by the Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics at the University of Oxford.

I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here

Psychology Zone

Students can learn more about what psychology is, and who it’s for, by connecting with working psychologists. The Psychology Zone is funded by the British Psychological Society.

I'm an Engineer, Get me out of here

Clean Energy Zone

Nuclear fusion has the potential to revolutionise energy generation, by providing a clean, efficient, and reliable fuel source with no radioactive waste. In this activity funded by the UK Atomic Energy Authority, students can connect with engineers trying to harness the power of the Sun by developing new technology to create fusion power stations.

December 2021

I'm a Scientist, Get me out of here

General science Zone

Running throughout December, this general science-themed Zone (called the Helium Zone) will feature scientists working on a broad range of topics, such as biology, medical research, chemistry, physics, and computing.

Posted on July 20, 2021 by modjamie in News. Comments Off on What’s on: Autumn 2021