What’s been happening in I’m a Scientist, the online science engagement activity, this March

Over the last week, scientists and students across the UK have been engaging online in I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here.

A huge variety of questions

Together they’ve talked about:

There are 14 zones taking place at once this March:

See all the scientists and schools taking part.

In total, in the first seven days has seen:

• 3,272 school students logging in to the 14 zones
  • 1,615 ASK questions sent in by students sent to the 83 scientists
  • 2,017 votes cast by students for their favourites
  • (almost) uncountable levels of conversation in the 104 live chats that have taken place.

Connecting despite COVID-19 in Science Week Zone

The current coronavirus situation has sadly meant many live events for British Science Week, such as the Big Bang Fair, have had to be cancelled.

To help out, we set up the Science Week Zone. This extra Zone was run especially for those schools and students missing out to connect with Big Bang exhibitors and other scientists.

Get involved

If all this has got you wanting a piece of the action, then apply for the next I’m a Scientist, scheduled for 8 to 19 June. Or, if you’re already registered, tell your colleagues to sign up!

Still to come this March

From 3pm on Tuesday the pressure starts to mount as the first scientist is evicted from each zone, with another following each day after. Who will survive to stay in the running for the £500 prize?

Find out before anyone else from the announcement in the staffroom each day until the winners are announced this Friday 20 March. Best of luck to all the scientists!

Posted on March 16, 2020 by modantony in News. Comments Off on What’s been happening in I’m a Scientist, the online science engagement activity, this March