What’s been happening in I’m a Scientist this June

For the last week, students and scientists have been engaging online in the latest I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here. Together they’ve talked about everything from why we (don’t) get on with our siblings, to being frustrated at work, to whether eye sight loss can be called an epidemic, to why humans need entertainment, to investigating the placebo effect.

The event this June has two psychology zones, themed on Relationships and Mental Health. There’s also zones on Epidemics and Drug Resistance, and three general science zones, including Thorium Zone for primary schools. See everyone who’s taking part in the event here.

In total, after the first seven days, there’s been:

• 2,679 school students logging in to the 8 zones
  • 1,734 questions asked by students sent to the 35 scientists
  • Almost uncountable levels of conversation in the 84 live chats that have taken place already.

If all this has whetted your appetite for engagement you can get yourself a piece of the action in the next I’m a Scientist, taking place 6th–17th November 2017:

This June there’s still much more to come. From 3 pm on Tuesday the pressure cranks up as the first scientist is evicted from each zone, with another following each day after. Who will survive to stay in the running for the £500 prize? Find out before anyone else from the announcement in the staffroom each day. Best of luck to all the scientists!

Posted on June 19, 2017 by modantony in News. Comments Off on What’s been happening in I’m a Scientist this June